Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Happy mother's day to all of the moms in my life! You've made me who I am and I don't know what I'd do without you! Each of you have had an impact on my life an taught me how to be a mother and wife. Thank you. Now, if we could all live just a LITTLE closer life would be perfect. I miss you so much! I'm thinking a nice cruise and just the girls.



I celebrate this day for the 6th year. This is the best and only job that I ever truly wanted. Not many people would admit that. I've wanted to be a mommy from the time I could nurse my baby dolls. I remember in high school when people asked what I wanted to do with my life and all I wanted to say was, " I want to be a wife and a mother." Somehow it never seemed like that was a right answer. I was supposed to enter into some great career. I graduated from college with a degree and high marks but this is still what I wanted more than anything else in the world. I could do other things, and do them well, but I was just waiting until I entered this chapter. I live for this role. I find motherhood exhilarating, exciting, and yes, at times, exasperating. I am finding a nice balance between doing things for my kids and doing things just for me. But it is always as a mother that I enter the task at hand. Today, I celebrate my fabulous life as a mom!

5 comments:

Carla said...

Okay,Sunshine way to make me cry! You are such a good daughter, wife, mother and just a very good person. I totally relate to the "I just want to be a Mom" thing. It was the only career that I wanted as well. Little did I know that my days of mothering would last for 50 years. I became a Mommy at 16 and I will be 65 when Autumn graduates from High School. I truly feel that the most important thing a woman does is to be a Mom. It's not always easy and not even always fun but when I look into the eyes of my children, each one of the 11, there is something unique and wonderful about each one and yes, even though everyone knows that I love you best, Lacey, there is enough love in a mothers heart for as many children as God can bless her with! I cherish you, Lacey and am incredibly proud of you!
Hugs and Kisses,
Mom

Robert said...

And celebrate you should! How blessed you are to be in this place. Happy Mother's Day to you Lacey.

Unknown said...

Lovely post for Mother's Day! What touching words!

Becky J. said...

That was very sweet, and I feel EXACTLY the same way. I did other things with my life until I had a child, but what I'm doing now as a mother is all I've ever wanted to do! I'm so glad that others understand how that feels, too, because so many people I know think I'm crazy for loving this job, and yet I do. You're obviously a wonderful mother and your kids are very lucky indeed. And I feel lucky to have you for a friend! Happy Mother's Day!

Carletta said...

Hi Lacey,
I hadn't stopped by in awhile and I'm glad I picked today. Your photos and words make a perfect post. And then, I just read your Mom's comment - teary eyed now I am.
Happy Belated Mother's Day!