Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And so it ends (and begins)

Isaac officially walked away from Kindergarten today. That means 2 things: IT'S SUMMER! and I HAVE A FIRST GRADER! It was a little sad. Even his teacher got a little choked up, and I of course, had my camera right there! This class of kids was pretty darn special. Just good kids. Our kindergarten experience was fantastic and I can only hope that Livi and Caleb have the same experience.


P.S. You'll notice that I didn't post pictures of my office. That's because my office won the little battle last night. (And I had a really great talk with both my brother and my best friend!) But all is not lost, I WILL WIN THE WAR!

5 comments:

Robert said...

As a teacher I always thought it's better to have a teacher that cares than the teacher with the best knowledge of skill and practice. Your words and pictures tell that Issac had at least the the former this year. Think of what we remember from our schooling years: We remember if the teacher was nice and the fun things we did, like field trips and crafts. The learning will happen regardless. And don't worry about the office. Think of it this way-you invested in relationships instead of objects or work. :) At least that's what I tell myself when I procrastinate. Ha ha.

Unknown said...

Kindergarten graduation is such a memorable time -- we still tell stories about my brother (who just graduated from high school): the MC of his kindergarten graduation asked all the kids what they wanted to be when then grew up. Ross's answer: a PIRATE! Reason: so I can find TREASURE!

Good luck with winning the office war!

Anna said...

I remember my kindergarten teacher... She got married half-way through the year and then we never knew what name to call her by... That is a very confusing thing for a 5 year old. You call the teacher one thing for most of the year and then after a trip to Jamaica her name is suddenly different!

Anna said...

Another milestone....they come quicker and quicker with kids! My youngest is going into 3rd and my oldest is going to be a sophmore in high school....I just dont know where the time has gone!!!! I remember her kindergarten graduation!

Anonymous said...

I truly appreciate it.