Thursday, April 3, 2008

Penelope


This is my other baby. Penelope has been on my mind a lot lately. We adopted Belly in Chicago shortly after we were married in 2000. She was my first baby. I used to hold her while I cooked! She sleeps under the covers right next to me. Her nickname Belly comes from her wonderful chunky middle. Some days she looks just like Jabba the Hut! She adores Isaac and climbs his ladder to sleep with him. Lately she has been limping with one of her back legs and tonight when she tried to climb Isaac's ladder she fell. It was so sad. I put her up there so they could snuggle a bit. Time that seems to fly so fast anyway goes even faster with animals. She is already at least in her middle ages!

1 comment:

Gospel Girl said...

Belly! I love how she chases rubber bands. Maybe she's not quite middle aged yet... several of our cats ended up living until they were close to 20!!!