Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love Struck

On Valentine's Day I must just say how in love with my family I am. I shot all of them today but those shots are just for me. Instead, I leave you with the shot from WonderLab today which captures my mood entirely.

Anthony, my dearest. Thank you for unwaivering support in whatever I endeavor. You push me to develop the craft and learn the technical side that doesn't always come easy for me. In the middle of one of the most stressful times of our lives you stop, and focus just on me. You are the most amazing father I have ever met and watching you with our children reminds me why I fell in love with you in the first place. It floors me to see little pieces of you in each of our children because I can fall in love with that little piece all over again. I can honestly say that I love you more today than yesterday, and 5 years ago, and 10 years ago. It's like fine wine- it just gets better with age. I've grown up with you and I can't wait to grow old with you. I can't wait to see the adventure that awaits us!

Isaac, my tenderheart. You are growing up so fast. Watching you today at your school party reminded me of what an incredible little person you are. Your brain is ALWAYS working! You are kind and respectful and just darn sweet. I see the way those little girls already look at you and it breaks my heart! You are MY little man! At swimming tonight I almost had a panic attack as you were left on your own in REALLY deep water to sink or swim. I wanted to rescue you. But you saved yourself. Your determination is astonishing. It is with very mixed feelings that I look at your future. I can't wait to see what you do with this world but I also want you to stay my little man forever. I love you boo.

Olivia, my free spirited firefly. You light this world ablaze! There is absolutely nothing quiet about you! You make us all laugh and have already figured out your place in this family. You are the only girl. It is a special spot and one you claim with pride. You look up to Isaac and try and get him in as much trouble as he will let you! And you are just such a perfect little mommy to Caleb. He adores you. You do everything with 110% of yourself. As much as I want you to stop sucking that thumb it does remind me that you are still my baby girl and I LOVE that you still want ME to carry you to bed and tuck you in every night. I love you princess.

Caleb, my tiniest. We weren't sure what kind of combination you would be. It turns out that you are just perfect! We are pretty attached these days and, as tired as my arms are, I love having you in them. You are my last. I'm treasuring every part of this infancy that you are crawling out of so fast! You are easily amused by the people you love and would spend all day watching daddy, Isaac, or Livi make faces at you. You have a stubborn streak that is funny and SO easily passified. You are the perfect addition to this family. Now, we are truly complete. I love you my little sugar bean.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all and may you all know true love in one form or another.