Monday, August 11, 2008

Wow, It has been a LONG TIME!

I really didn't mean to be gone this long. And I didn't realize how much I'd missed it until I opened this blank page. A lot has happened. I've been shooting along the way and I'll share parts of the journey! I have been living in Norfolk, Virginia for a little over 2 weeks now and I can finally sit at my computer without looking at nagging boxes waiting to be unpacked. I must say that this city is much more than I expected. I had fallen into a pretty big slump in the weeks before our move. I wasn't ready to leave Bloomington- it was comfortable, our friends were there. . . it was home. I got here with a pretty rotten attitude. I'm not sure that I even WANTED to like it. But I have undergone an attitude adjustment and we are settling in quite nicely here. There is just so much to do. We haven't even put a dent in it yet! My husband has joined me here finally and life just might get back to normal. A new normal anyway. It is quite different than Bloomington which makes it almost easier- there is just no comparison! I will miss, quite desperately, the friends I left behind and to that I can only say, "THANK GOD FOR THE TELEPHONE!". Mama Mia wasn't the same without my girls.

I have a lot to catch up on with my fellow bloggers- you guys have been BUSY! I've been around a little and am already enjoying what I see! I'll be by to comment soon. I just finished editing a shoot that I shot the day before we moved. So I'll post those first. I may be back tonight with a few more from the area- just for my mom!



8 comments:

June said...

Glad all is well, despite the sadness of leaving friends behind. If you like Norfolk, you'll really like Virginia Beach...though I guess you might be considering them one in the same already. I go there about once a year and have quite an affinity for it.

Christy said...

YAAAY! Lacey is back to blogging! I've checked nearly everyday in the hopes of seeing a new post, and it has finally come. I'm glad to hear that you're settling in to a new kind of normal. That will most likely be me in a year... yikes. Possible in Virginia as well, although not Norfolk (and VA is a HUGE state -- you never seem to leave when you drive through). I look forward to hearing more about your adventures and experiences since your last post!

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

Welcome back to the land of blogger and welcome to the Tidewater!! I am still making the adjustment here in Williamsburg myself but if I can be of any help let me know and I will do my best for you guys!!

Anna said...

YAYYYYYY You're back!!!!!!!!!!! I've been checking and checking just waiting for you to post!!! I can't wait to see what shots you've got in store for us! I've missed your blog I'm so glad you're back! Lots of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the shot of the two boys. It's one of those great "in the moment" captures.

Anna said...

YAY! You're back! And I love your images of your shoot! Very nice. I am posting a few more tonight of one I did the other day as well!

As far as the move, take it a day at a time and you will bloom again...it takes time and patience....

So glad you are back here my friend!

Becky & Joseph said...

Welcome back! You were missed! But I'm so glad to hear you've gotten settled in and are liking your new city. Good luck with the transition!

DrillerAA said...

I do love the last one done in black and white. It speaks volumes about the comfort of a hug when a little one is hurt in some way.
Great photo.

Robert said...

These are a wonderful set of images to return with. As you can see by all the other comments, you have indeed been missed here. So a big WELCOME BACK is in order. :)